Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Orc Stain Vol. 1 – Review


Issues: Orc Stain Vol. 1
Creator, Writer, Artist & Colorist: James Stokoe
Publisher: Image Comics
Release Date: December 2010
Pages: 168
Price: $17.99

For a million millennia the world has cracked and convulsed under the indomitable mob of the orc. Savage, bloodthirsty creatures, they are without number, staining nearly every corner of the globe. The mighty Orc Tzar, newest leader of the mob, marches ever north to find the lost organ of a forgotten god. Only a lone, one-eyed orc with a mysterious gift can find the key to breaking the cycle forever.

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5
This book is so Gore-Geous it’s beyond words. Wait I can’t do that to you can I? The character designs go way beyond cool to a level of pure awesome. Add on top of that the ink and you just made me drop my jaw. The real clincher though is the colors. This book is just vibrant, I honestly got lost in its radiance time and time again. I want to go back to the characters now, mostly because of the amazing amount of detail used. Not only is Stokoe creating this world but he is pouring so much life into every panel that I want to see a cartoon or movie on this now. This is just hands down GORE-Geous!

Story: 4.5 out of 5
Sometimes when you get a book that looks the way this one does, the story might be lacking. The same can be said when it comes the entire thing being done by one person. However Stokoe knew I was going to read this and figured he would make it as good as he could to please me, and he succeeded. There are times when a man wants to cringe while reading a story and when the mentioning of a gronch is brought up so many times it makes ya squeamish. The story is very interesting, because like the visuals, it’s all new. The dialogue is great, the action is intense and it was just spot on from start to finish.

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
This book is going to be towards to the top of my list for a long time. While it did make me sad to see how long it took to get the issues out, it was rewarding in the end. Plus I bought the trade. The visuals will floor you and the story will have you hooked. Be warned though, this book might not be for the timid. There is a lot of male member talk, and well I wore a cup reading the final 2/3 of it. All in all I think if you read my reviews and like most of the stuff I do, than Orc Stain is perfect for you. POXA GRONKA

If you would like to know more about Orc Stain Vol. 1 you can go to http://www.imagecomics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment