Friday, October 7, 2011

To Fight With Monsters – Review



Issue: To Fight With Monsters
Writers: Brian Keene, Mike Oliveri
Artist: Ben Dunn
Publisher: Antarctic Press
Release Date: June 2011
Pages: 32
Price: $3.99

“Based upon the short story by Mike Oliveri & Brian Keene. When humanity rapidly devolves into a monstrous state, teenager Rick Donovan joins his fellow townspeople in makeshift trenches to defend their homes. However, the monsters may already be among them… New post-apocalyptic horror from Bram Stoker Award-winning horror novelists Mike Oliveri (The Pack, Werewolves: Call of the Wild) and Brian Keene (The Last Zombie, Dead of Night: Devil Slayer) and Godfather of American Manga Ben Dunn (Marvel Mangaverse, Ninja High School, Warrior Nun Areala)!”

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
Oh my friends this is one book you should not miss. I want to start with the visuals, Ben Dunn you are sick, because this book looks amazing! From one panel to the next panel I was never let down. Also to the art side I say thank you for not using any grey in this issue, it seemed to add to the edge of the story. Oh the story, this is one you HAVE to read. Did I say should, could or might want to? No, I said HAVE to read. Very seldom are we as horror comic readers presented with what I would say is a real interpretation of how things might go down. It’s not always black and white in terms of good and bad, so for this book to be able to fill in that grey area (you see how I did that with the colors) and not be afraid to show you what could happen is amazing. Keene and Oliveri have won me over on this one, and the title is such on play on what happens. UGH, I just can not seem to stop gushing on how much I enjoyed this book. You HAVE to read this book!

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5 • Story: 5.0 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about To Fight With Monsters
you can find it at http://www.antarctic-press.com

No comments:

Post a Comment