Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Descent of the Dead #3 - Review





Issue: Descent of the Dead #3
Writer: Rich Perez
Artist: Francis Penavic
Inker: Rage Ledbetter
Publisher: Tango Unlimited
Release Date: August 2012
Price: $3.99

“Within the confines of the Roanoke Colony, Tango Company begins to weave together the events which took place seven hours earlier and makes a grisly discovery. The team begins to quickly realize that they are dealing with an adversary far more elusive and cunning than ever encountered.

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
What do you get when you combine Zombies, the future, the army and holy shit awesomeness? Why you get Descent of the Dead of course!  My favorite thing about this issue, was that I did not have to go back and read the first two issues to recall what was going on. There is a fantastic recap on the inside cover, and I will even got out on a limb and say that this book is safe to just pick up and read. That is a huge comment to the writing of Perez, because when you self publish, there can be some big gaps in between issues. The story in this issue was a slowed down, take it all in, let it all build for what is to come. The dialogue is sharp, and some great thought and detail went into explaining what had happened in the city. Penavic has a style of artwork that I just love. It’s edge-y, and I just love that everything has this sharp look to it. His zombies are GORE-Geous too. This series is one I always say I need more of, and I am so happy that the guys are delivering such a great book. So guess what Tango team? I need more!!!!

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5 • Story: 4.5 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about Descent of the Dead #3 you can find it at http://www.tangounlimitedllc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment