Friday, January 20, 2012

Green Wake #9 – Review



Issue: Green Wake #9
Writer: Kurtis Wiebe
Artist: Riley Rossmo
Publisher: Image
Release Date: Jan. 2012
Pages: 32
Price: $3.99

“Morley starts to understand the path laid before him as Green Wake begins to change after the rebellion settles, but the murders that happen behind the scenes are growing more mysterious. The heinous acts of violence hint at a growing thirst for blood.”

Dying Breath: 5.0 out of 5
OH HELL NO!!!! You better be kidding me! These will be the words that come out of your mouth when you read this jaw dropping issue. Like most issues of this amazing series, I am sitting here waiting for more, so let me spend some of that wait time telling you about this issue. Rossmo brings it to a new level with the artwork  on this one. There is a monster that shows up that had me drooling, and when you are just a head and your drool, it is easy to drown. Thanks for trying to kill me Riley! Page after page I can not get enough of his style, and I am still 100% in love with the way he depicts the cold in these issues. Now onto my gripe… Wiebe you know what you did, and I am not happy! Everything leading up to that event had me on the edge of my seat and now I am in complete shock. The pacing is spot on throughout the issue, the mystery just grows and grows and there is only one issue left to wrap this one up! The way that these two come together to bring me the BEST BOOK ON THE SHELVES right now makes me want to just hug the crap out of them. This is a story that you should be reading, you need to be reading and you will read again and again. 

Artwork: 5.0 out of 5 • Story: 5.0 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about Green Wake you can find it at http://greenwakecomic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment