Friday, August 17, 2012

Grim Leaper #2 – Review





Issue: Grim Leaper #2
Writer: Kurtis Wiebe
Artist: Aluisio Santos
Publisher: Image Comics
Release Date: June 2012
Price: $3.50

“Lou Collins: Serial Leaper. Lou desperately tries to find Ella, the woman with an identical curse, before his next horrific death. But, there’s malevolence waiting in the darkness, something that wants to kill Lou before he even gets the chance. Something alive.”

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5

I think I am in love people. I am in love with tree shavings and octopus juices, because they bring things like Grim Leaper to my eyes. If I didn’t say it enough when I reviewed issue #1, Santos is an amazing artist. Just the death scenes alone, are enough to show how GORE-Geous his style is. When you add in the other panels it just makes my black heart skip a beat. This is a visual treat, so make sure to savor it. The story by Wiebe moves right along and only gets more and more interesting. I love the concept and how it is being played out. I find myself enjoying the chemistry that Lou and Ella have, but then I flip-flop and I root for them to die. I guess I am just a romantic. This series is so much more than I could have ever expected, and I don’t want to see it end at #4. I say death to the mini, lets ride this one out for years and years, it has so many different ways it can go. Just think of their first fight when they kill each other. Read it people, it really is that damn good.

Artwork: 5.0 out of 5 • Story: 4.5 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about Grim Leaper you can find it at http://www.imagecomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment