Friday, August 24, 2012

Lenore Vol. 2 #6 – Review



Issue: Lenore Vol. 2 #6
Writer: Roman Dirge
Artist: Roman Dirge
Letters: Roman Dirge
Colors: Roman Dirge
Publisher: Titan Books
Release Date: August 2012
Price: $3.99

“‘Lenore wants a sammich. She wants it bad. The rumble in her tummy has its own rumble within a rumble, Inception style. The problem is the angry, cold-loving, slimy thing in her fridge won’t let anyone in. After giving up all hope, Lenore calls in an Exterminator to deal with the fridge squatter. Following an unfortunate terminal incident, Ragamuffin covers the Exterminator’s corpse with Lenore’s favourite blanket, ‘Woobie’. But when the corpse and blanket goes missing, the gang must set out to recover Woobie, cover up a suspicious death, and get a *&#@% sandwich made!”

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
I want a sammich too, but I bet you I don’t have to go through all of the trouble that poor little Lenore did. This hilarious series is back in my face with a new issue that will left my sides in pain from laughing so hard, I mean cheeks in pain since I have no body. While the solicit tells about the ‘Sammich Adventure’ the real fun in this issue takes place between Pooty and Ragamuffin. The way that he writes his characters to play on his creating process is pure horror/humor gold. Dirge has such an amazing talent at capturing facial expressions and emotions on the page. You know he is a mad genius at it when Pooty, a character whose head is a bucket with holes in it that do not change, can express emotion so damn well. The story that takes place here had me cracking up panel after panel. Favorite moment of the issue came at the end when the statues got their time to shine. No matter what issue of Lenore I pick up, I know I will laugh. Everything about this book is above and beyond what I could even ask for. Horror and humor are the perfect combination for me, and this series is seriously at the top of my all time favorites list. READ LENORE!

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5Story: 4.5 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about Lenore Vol 2 #6 you can find it at http://titanbooks.com/ and http://www.spookyland.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment